National Preparedness Month: Day 1 – Begin putting a plan together and ensure all family members are on the same page.
- If your family is not all together at the time of the emergency, where will your meeting place be to ensure all are safe and accounted for?
- If you are unable to get to your house for some reason (i.e. road closure, etc.), where is your secondary meeting place?
- Cell lines generally go down or get jammed during emergencies. However, generally you will be able to reach out of area family/friends. Designate an out of town contact person and ensure all family members have that name and number stored in their cell phone.
- Most importantly, ensure all family members are on the same page and know where to go and who to contact in case of emergency.
- Provide a written/typed emergency plan for all family members to carry in their purse/wallet/backpack…check out the following website for an example.
Sign up here for monthly tips and solutions for getting organized. Register now and receive “Purposeful Parenting” & “Simplified Life” tips as our gift to you.
Jodi Clardy, Certified Family Manager Coach & Professional Organizer
Creator of “Clarify, Simplify…..Achieve!tm” the Simplified Life System
Office:(757) 809-7503 firstname.lastname@example.org